Fast, Reliable, Complete Order Turnaround!

800-248-5413

904-354-5413

REQUEST A QUOTE

 

Fast Delivery within
our coverage area.

Delivery Area

Job Site Delivery Available Outside Our Standard Delivery Area

History


Glass Distributors LogoFlat Glass Distributors began as Glass Distributors Inc. in 1957 in downtown Jacksonville. With the introduction of curved glass in automobiles, storage became a severe problem for small glass shops. Glass Distributors was created to be a wholesale distributor of  both auto glass and plate glass. As the company grew, space became an issue, as well as the differing needs of the auto and plate glass markets. In 1986, Glass Distributors split the company into two separate divisions, one for auto glass distribution and one for flat glass fabrication and distribution. Also occurring in the 1980’s was the introduction of  an insulated glass line and fabricated edging equipment. In the early 1990’s, Glass Distributors added a fully computerized automated cutting machine to keep up with its growing fabrication business.

Flat Glass Distributors LogoThis growth reached a breaking point in 2007, when, constrained by both the building size and equipment capacities, the division relocated to an 80,000 square foot building in northwest Jacksonville. Along with this process, investments were made in an upgraded automated cutting & loading machine, a convection tempering oven, a fully automated insulating line and additional fabrication & CNC equipment. This made us the most capable and state-of-the-art production facility in the region. In order to distinguish ourselves among our competitors, we re-branded the division as Flat Glass Distributors (FGD). Today we service hundreds of glass companies throughout Florida and Georgia as we continue striving to produce the highest quality glass products in the industry.